Monday 21 November 2011

Dress me up in a L.B.D!

So normally when it comes to picking an outfit for a night out or event I plan what I want to design for myself but NEVER have a spare minute to organise anything past dress stand chic- which I do love. However this year I decided to give myself the bespoke treatment for a change. I had a general 50's silhouette idea as I know that shape suits me and I'm most comfortable in it. I started with a design and developed it along the way.

So fabric choice first- I found it really hard to pick, if im picking fabric options for clients Ive discussed the things they like and know in my mind what I'm looking for and what will work, whereas for this project I could pick anything I wanted! I finally decided on black- not what I would of put my money on me picking when I went to get it but so glad I did. It's a heavy black fabric with a subtle black damask print which you can really only make out close up. The end design was a raglan line high neck front and back tight to the waist then pleat flair with pockets and of corse slightly longer at the back- the MeeMee trademark as one of my friends once pointed out! I used a deep lilac lining because I think it should be nice on the inside too- even if it's only you who knows! I finished the whole thing off with some black Swarovski crystals around the shoulders and neckline. They are perfect as they as a little sparkle without taking the look from the simple tailored black silhouette.

So I wore it at the first event on Saturday night and I am in love, it felt fabulous to not only be In something that fitted perfectly but something I had made to measure to mee! I sadly never got a picture but will upload one soon, I will however give you a sneak peek!

In the meantime I'm hoping I'll manage to squeeze in another bespoke dress for MeeMee asap!


Speak soon,

MeeMee .X.

No comments:

Post a Comment